[Dev] [RFC] backups

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Mon Jul 18 19:17:23 GMT 2016

IngeGNUe <ingegnue at riseup.net> writes:
> If you can have that solution working then another thing that would be
> nice to have is a distributed backup solution in which multiple specific
> people can access the data, without it being accessible by the whole
> world. Distributed data storage seems the most ideal to me in terms of
> respecting Parabola's horizontal organization.
>
> The challenge is how to grant access.
>
> What do you think of Tahoe-LAFS? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahoe-LAFS

fwiw, tahoe-lafs is a pain in the ass to package (it has many many many
python dependencies) and i never could find in any doc if it behaves
like a real filesystem or if it's just a web panel.

anyway for synchronizing files i prefer syncthing which is much more
simpler to configure, you just exchange fingerprints.

as for encrypting backups, i'd go for kiss :P

--
}(:=