[Dev] status of icecat for armv7h?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jul 1 16:14:23 GMT 2016

---

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 6:48 AM, fauno <fauno at endefensadelsl.org> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> writes:
>>  basically what i'm saying, is, do consider putting chromium into
>>  the parabola repository (if it isn't being considered already?) and
>>  i know that the debian team has already done the patches needed to
>>  remove the advertising and privacy-violating features that are
>>  considered to be acceptable by google, so *that* won't be a huge
>>  effort either.
>
> back when chromium was blacklisted in parabola and other libre distro it
> was about uncertainty on the licensing of at least one source file,
> maybe that has been solved by now?  i can't recall the details, but it
> should be documented on our mail archive or gnu-linux-libre's

 google "copyright_check.py" and you'll find a program that provides
automated checking of the copyright on files.  it works out
discrepancies - what's missing, what's not been properly listed etc.
it's an O(N^3) algorithm so WATCH OUT!! :)  if anyone can think of how
to do what it does without it being O(N^3) that would be reaaally
good....

l.