[Dev] Kodi

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:12:03 GMT 2016

Hi,

I haven't got round to testing this yet but hopefully I should do soon.

Upon reading further I think Kodi requires EGL or OpenGL on linux.

Mesa provides this, using libdrm. The kernel therefore may need to
support it (at least for mali devices).

The mainline kernel doesn't have a drm driver, but the sunxi kernel
does. [1]

I am unsure at how complete the support is in the sunxi kernel, but I
have a sunxi kernel already compiled, and possibly an arch linux arm
image that uses the kernel [2] ... which depends on if my dd backup was
successful. (I've since overwritten the sdcard with Parabola and don't
particularly wish to recompile.)

When I get back, I should be able to try kodi:

1) On Parabola ARM, with the patch.
and if that fails:
2) On the Arch Linux ARM image with the sunxi kernel and mesa, without
the patch.
and if I still get the error:
3) On the Arch Linux ARM image with the sunxi kernel and mesa, with the
patch.

If I'm not successful, perhaps because the image was corrupted when
backing up, I will should try to use the sunxi kernel uImage with
parabola or arch linux arm, but really I am unsure how I would go about
this ... hopefully it won't get to that.

All the best,

Josh

[1]
https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi/tree/sunxi-3.4/drivers/gpu/drm/mali
[2] Source used to build at (beware - this uses blobby blobby blobby
kernels):
http://joshyyy.twilightparadox.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Tpjo5ELi1ecZqIW