[Dev] gitlab.com/parabola

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 3 04:35:41 GMT 2016

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:34:28 -0500,
Franco Masotti wrote:
> Hello Luke,
>
> given the recent emails about Calamares,
> I thought it would be nice to collect some
> ideas and to put them in a repository.
>
> I've noticed the parabola "group" on GitLab,
> and I see that you use it as a mirror for some
> Parabola projects hosted on the official site.
>
> I think it's a good idea if anyone interested
> joins the group so new repositories (also
> non-calamares related) can be created
> there instead of scattering things around
> the web.
>
> In the meantime I made an access request to join
> group. Of course, it's up to you to decide.
>
> What do you think?

Hi Franco,

The long-term plan for the gitlab.com/parabola group is to have it
just be a mirror of git.parabola.nu.  I have a partially-written
script that is supposed to set up the gitlab mirror for each of the
repos automatically (and also mirrors other places too).  I keep
saying I'll finish it soon, but... well, life happens.

Perhaps we should create a user-area on our servers?  Trisquel uses
their own GitLab instance, and lets users create their own forks of
official repos on it.