[Dev] Mirror needed in Asia?

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Thu Dec 1 23:36:43 GMT 2016

Le mar. 29 nov. 2016 à 21:34, Dudumomo <dudumomo at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hi there,
> I'm the mirror admin of mirror.freedif.org and I host some projects
> like Tails, Antergos, etc..
>
> I have some spare bandwidth and space and would be pleased to support
> your project if needed.
>
> The server is based in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City) on a 100M
> connection.
>
> If interested, please let me know which server I should rsync and if
> anything special.
>
> Thank you

Hi Kari, new mirrors are always appreciated.

The whole repo (https://repo.parabola.nu/?noredirect) is taking 127 GB
at this moment, but it could peak to as high as 150 (worst case
scenario under our current server partitioning), so provision for some
extra space if you plan to include everything in your rsync line.

In addition to the main server's rsync socket[1] I'm aware of Yandex
tier-1 Parabola mirror also offering rsync[2]. The latter is pretty
reliable and probably the closest to your location. I don't have much
of an opinion about [1], bar my recollections about other mirror
maintainers and sysadmins complaining about bandwidth issues.

I wish they weighed in before you decide to sync from [1]. If you don't
really care what tier your mirror ends up being in, then go with [2] by
all means. I think Yandex could safely host more rsyncers.

Also, write back with the following information once/if your mirror is
ready, to have it added to pacman-mirrorlist and the website:

    Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam ?
    Responsible: some name and email, your GPG fingerprint if available
    Work hours:
    Tier (rather, your upstream):
    Available URLs and protocol information:
    Any extra notes:

[1]: rsync://repo.parabola.nu:875/repos/
[2]: rsync://mirror.yandex.ru:873/mirrors/parabola/

Thanks

--
Isaac David
GPG: 38D33EF29A7691134357648733466E12EC7BA943