[Dev] [libreplanet-discuss] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Fri Aug 26 18:48:15 GMT 2016

(I forgot to reply to all lists… Sorry.)

It seems the problem is the meaning of “libre” in terms of unreleased
hardware/software. EOMA68 certainly is aligned with libre culture and
significant for freedom because of its modularity standard. It also is
GPL-compliant like any unreleased product, but this does not mean much.
I believe the claim that it is “free from the very beginning” is
imprecise but not deceptive and *not a problem* if all available sources
will eventually be released.

A clear promise to release what is missing would seem fair though.

Regards,
Florian Pelz