[Dev] [libreplanet-discuss] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Ali Razeen alirazeen at alirazeen.com
Fri Aug 26 16:27:20 GMT 2016

(Removed John Sullivan from the CC list because I’m sure he gets this email via libreplanet-discuss and doesn’t need (want?) me to address him directly :))

I follow your argument but to make sure we’re on the same page, let me try to rephrase it in my own words so that you can agree or disagree. I believe you claim that we cannot say that the EOMA68 is “libre hardware from the beginning” because we have no proof that it has indeed been libre hardware since the very beginning of the EOMA68 project (which would be T1, in your email). Perhaps we can claim that “EOMA68 is libre hardware from the time the hardware is shipped to its backers” when they eventually release their PCB designs, or maybe we can claim “EOMA68 is libre hardware today” (which would be T2) if they released the PCB today. But even if they did release it today, we cannot claim that “EOMA68 is libre hardware from the beginning”.

Have I understood you correctly?

Best,
Ali