[Dev] [libreplanet-discuss] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:05:07 GMT 2016

Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic

Maybe they /do/ intend to release the CAD files when they say they will.
In which case, has it occurred to you that the kind of things you are
saying:

A) May look a bit silly once (and if) they're released.
and
B) Are in-fact not constructive. People may not want to create this kind
of hardware in future and will read this conversation and think "I need
to be extremely careful about the things I can and can't say when
dealing with those libre peeps", and it will put them off.

That said, I am glad the news article has been amended, because at the
moment, you are right: The CAD files haven't been released, and the
project does, perhaps wrongly, hint that it's libre hardware from right
from the start.

But really, it wouldn't bother me a bit, if they did in-fact release the
CAD files afterwards.

As it is, I didn't back their crowd funding, because I'd rather wait
till they are actually released before even thinking of buying anything.

I know of other similar projects (won't mention them here) that have
already released their CAD files, and seem to be doing very well despite
this fact.

In time, of course, we will be able to see if EOMA68 was telling the
truth, or just librewashing. But at the moment, I wouldn't want to put
money on it either way.