[Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Christopher Waid chris at thinkpenguin.com
Fri Aug 26 03:13:06 GMT 2016

On 2016-08-25 10:03 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
> On 26.08.2016 02:18, Christopher Waid wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't need you to take me seriously. I'm merely stating the facts
>>> and
>>> drawing logical conclusions. I could be just a new free software user
>>> with no contribution what so ever.
>>
>> No. Your selectively quoting with the clear intent to mislead. You are
>> doing exactly what you propose we're doing. There is a difference
>> between accidentally misstating something technical and selectively
>> pulling quotes that make it sound as if I was misleading people.
>
> Freedom is not a technicality, but I've been told this before by people
> who do librewashing. Of course you're misleading people. You've been
> doing this for several years and you're getting better and better at
> it.
>
> Also, I'd like to mention that English is not my mother tongue (that is
> Romanian) and I don't have the language skills to express my ideas as
> well as a native, nor I have or desire to have your manipulation skills
> to do brainwashing with gigantic replies. Moreover, I'm not getting
> paid
> for my activism work, so if I'm spending time raising awareness on
> freedom issues, I do it sacrificing hours I should be spending to be
> able to support myself and in the process serve people hardware
> compatible with fully free operating systems.

I never said freedom was a technicality. You're intentionally
misunderstanding what I'm saying. Your understanding of English isn't
that bad.

>>> If you believe that what I'm doing is undermining your projects, then
>>> you might be do something wrong in your projects. Like claiming your
>>> proprietary BIOS laptops and desktops are OK in regard to software
>>> freedom as your WiFi adapters.
>>
>> I never made that claim. You are twisting words around as if that is
>> what I was saying. It was clear from the video and I'd encourage
>> anybody
>> who believes this to watch it.
>
> I will repeat the arguments and the logic once more. I hate that you're
> wasting my time by making me do this over and over again, while instead
> you could read again my arguments and logic and see if they make sense.
> Okay, here is another attempt to prove that I'm not falsely accusing
> you. This time I will break it into small baby steps.

You are quoting ancient text that was pulled from our about page I think
from a very very long time ago. The actual about page hasn't included
this for years. Yes- it was imperfect and has LONG ago been
fixed/improved upon.

Get lost.