[Dev] [libreplanet-discuss] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Thu Aug 25 22:33:59 GMT 2016

Le vendredi 26 août 2016 à 01:26 +0300, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic a écrit :
> On 25.08.2016 15:47, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
> >
> > On 25.08.2016 15:25, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> > >
> > > This issue of "you said it is 'libre' but I prove it's not", and even
> > > the issue regarding the older publication on ThinkPenguin's site, can be
> > > easily solved by changing terms/words accordingly there. There's no need
> > > to make everyone mad at each other.
> >
> > It's not just about terminology. It's about deliberately misinforming
> > the people to back your project because it's been libre hardware and
> > libre software "right from the beginning". And also misinforming people
> > to think it's OK for their freedom to buy laptops with proprietary BIOS
> > rather than with Libreboot.
>
> Richard Stallman has just confirmed me that FSF has not received the PCB
> design sources along with the Libre Tea Computer Card.
>
> I hope that now everyone understands that this EOMA68 board is *not*
> libre hardware as claimed.

LKCL made it clear already: the EOMA68 circuit board design is not libre
hardware for now, but may be liberated in the future.

Where (except for the Parabola news we just fixed) did you see anyone claim that
it's libre hardware?

--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of low-level free software for embedded devices

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/