[Dev] [Trisquel-users] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at openmailbox.org
Wed Aug 24 11:56:34 GMT 2016

I might be wrong in the case of hardware designs, but as far as I know,
a copyright proprietor/owner/holder or a redistributor can choose not to
publish the hardware design on the Internet and still be considered
free/libre as long as he does one of the following:

* Provide a written offer together with the physical hardware that gives
anyone the right to request the complete corresponding sources/designs
at least for a period of 3 years after the product's date of
publication. This assumes that the hardware design is under the GPL 3
"or later" license.

* Provide the hardware design together with the physical hardware.

There **might** have other details that I overlooked or forgot to study
or mention, so please read the GPL 3 license for more information.