[Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Aug 19 13:55:48 GMT 2016

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 20:15:00 +0100
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> the PCB layout file - the complex part that, if somebody were to use
> it to **RIGHT NOW** place an order for 500 PCBs thus throwing this
> entire campaign into jeapoardy.... yes.
I never designed a PCB, so I've no idea if the "PCB layout file" is
enough to fab a board, or if you also need to adjust/tune the tools at
the factory somehow before making a big run.

However I don't see why some competitor would bother producing boards
right now.

See "Developing an Open Source Laptop" at 18 min 55s for a real world
example.