[Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Aug 19 01:09:03 GMT 2016

On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 10:31:50 +0300
Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <tct at ceata.org> wrote:

> To draw a parallel between "free software friendly" and
> "eco-friendly", yes, I believe Purism has pioneered the practice of
> "software freedom washing", similar to greenwashing :-)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwashing
Indeed, "free software friendly" is way too vague.
It could be applied to almost any hardware (or software) that can run
some free software somehow.
Any hardware or software which permits or promotes the use of free
software on or with it could be called "free software friendly".

We could instead use some other terms such as:
1) Fully compatible with free software: It fits well RYF hardware.
2) Can run fully free software: It fits more the EOMA68.

However we should make it clear enough for people not to make confusion
between (1) and (2).

Denis.