[Dev] Misleading information in EOMA68 news

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Tue Aug 16 19:14:24 GMT 2016

Le mardi 16 août 2016 à 20:34 +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) a écrit :
> (“Respects your freedom” would be equally fuzzy if it were not certified
> according to clear criteria.)

On that, I disagree. Freedom in technology has a very precise definition, and
respecting that definition is very binary and straightforward. I don't see
what's fuzzy about it.

The FSF's RYF certification is instead adding layers of compromises (and also
mixing a bunch of other aspects in the bag). So I certainly wouldn't mix
"respects your freedom" and "the FSF's respect your freedom certification".

--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of low-level free software for embedded devices

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/