[Dev] Packages missing on repo?

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 5 18:04:37 GMT 2016

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 12:21:27 -0400,
Joshua Haase (xihh) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was trying to update my build chroot in order to build some packages and found that my buildroot cannot be updated.
>
> Does anyone notice the same behavior?
>
> If so:
>
>   - Do you know why this happens?
>   - Is any help needed/wanted to solve this problem?

redirector.parabola.ne redirects you to a random Arch mirror for files
that are directly imported from Arch.  This is sometimes nice, because
there's a solid chance that an Arch mirror will be faster than a
Parabola mirror.  However, it isn't stateful; it is possible for Arch
mirrors to get out-of-sync with Parabola; causing what you are seeing.

If you are interested in another redirector-like service that keeps
track of mirror states, to redirect you to a mirror that it knows has
the file; check out repomirror.parabola.nu.  Or just repo.parabola.nu,
as it now redirects you to repomirror unless it sees "noredirect" in
the HTTP query string.  However, it does not ever send you to Arch
mirrors.