[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-08-10] increasing security in Parabola, servers

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 2 21:51:50 GMT 2016

On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 10:11:02 -0400,
André Silva wrote:
> On 08/02/2016 10:30 AM, coadde wrote:
> > Then, if the server uses the Systemd by default, i prefer
> > systemd-networkd as a minor option since it is the default option
> > provided by Systemd.
>
> +1, I think systemd-networkd should be more than sufficient because only
> have ethernet running in our server, more KISS and adaptable for future
> Parabola maintainers that comes from another non Arch-based distros.

systemd-networkd is sufficient, but is harder to configure and has a
more verbose configuration than netctl.  Especially if you want to
have DNS in that config too.

Netctl is really small and really simple.

The file in `/etc/netctl/` is damn close to the table you'd see in a
VPS control panel.  Make it simple.  (see attached screenshot of
winston.parabola.nu's VPS control panel side-by-side with the netctl
configuration)

[list seems to be rejecting the image attachment:
 https://lukeshu.com/dump/1470164309.png ]