[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-08-10] increasing security in Parabola, servers

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 2 21:13:17 GMT 2016

On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 15:27:10 -0400,
fauno wrote:
> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:
> >>
> >> or just put the necessary `ip` commands on /etc/rc.lulz :D
> >
> > Are you the one who wrote the original `/etc/network.sh` for
> > winston.parabola.nu?
>
> nope
>
> > On one hand, yes, KISS.  On the other, nothing warned you about the
> > typo.
>
> what typo?

I don't remember, but one of the commands was failing "silently".

I suppose if the commands had all been chained with `&&` or it had
`set -e` or something, then it would have been fine.  But at the end
of the day, having to think about the error cases is simply harder and
more error prone than just using netctl.