[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-08-10] increasing security in Parabola, servers

hellekin hellekin at gnu.org
Tue Aug 2 08:43:28 GMT 2016

On 08/02/2016 08:09 AM, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> On 08/02/2016 02:00 AM, coadde wrote:
>> On 08/01/2016 01:31 PM, Ali Abdul Ghani wrote:
>> GNU's Not Unix! and Systemd doesn't respect UNIX principle :)
>>

> Yes it does respect them, but more importantly Arch uses systemd and
> supporting another build system means a lot of work. Either way, I don’t
> think the choice netctl vs NetworkManager matters very much for a server.

Although I don't like systemd, as Arch *development tools* are bound to
systemd, why not use that?  It has systemd-networkd, which should be
more than sufficient. You only have ethernet running there, right?
NetworkManager sounds like useless bloatware in that context.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd-networkd

==
hk