[Dev] [FYI] changes to [repo] HTTP

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 1 03:21:52 GMT 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 18:31:37 -0400,
"Isaac David" isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info wrote:
> I was wondering, where does that all leave my pseudo-mirror? If I
> understand your PHP handler correctly my mirror does not figure
> in repomirror's pool (rightly so because the redirect process
> could loop indefinitely or something). Do you recommend that I keep
> caching results from repo using ?noredirect, use repomirror to
> distribute the load, or move to an entirely different tier-1 mirror?

I think that is good; cache using ?noredirect, then send to repomirror
if you don't have it.

I don't know how complicated it would be, but it might be even better
to cache from repomirror; just as long as you follow the
redirects. So the cached reply would actually be from one of the other
mirrors; but have repomirror tell you which one.