[Dev] libretools 20160418 release announcement
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 18 04:47:40 GMT 2016
I just released libretools 20160418 to [libre], and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.
This is mostly a bugfix release. I know that everyone was looking
forward to being able to cross-compile for ARM from x86 in this
release. Unfortunately, this is blocked by issue #988 (packaging a
static version of QEMU for x86). However, While working on it, I'd
accumulated enough fixes and changes that I decided getting a release
out would be a good thing.
In particular, librechroot's new `-A` flag obviates the "Building
32-bit packages on a 64-bit system" wiki page.
Changes from 20160208 to 20160418:
* Learn the `-A` flag to set the architecture of a chroot.
* Print an error instead of deadlocking when trying to sync a copy
* Fix a bug where junk mounts could be left over if interrupted
during the creation of a chroot.
* libredbdiff: Work with plain extra/expac.
* libreblacklist: Fix internationalization.
* librefetch: Support the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH standard.
* libremessages: Fix the `flag` function's handling of headings.
* librexgettext: Fix handling of libremessages 'flag' function .
* libremessages: Improve the man page.
* librechroot: In the 'help' text, explain how the architecture is
* INSTALL: Update (as of 20160208 it had not reflected reality for
* HACKING: Improve the HACKING documentation for contributors.
* Build system:
* Various improvements from lukeshu-automake.
* Error sensibly if the user misconfigures `config.mk:devtoolsdir`.
* Packaging (pre-built Parabola package only):
* The dependencies of [librelib] have been updated to reflect
reality, in particular, it now has optdepends.
As a side note, now when running `librerelease`, the server will spew
out a bunch of errors from XBS. As it has always been, errors and
warnings from XBS are totally ignorable. Hopefully I will get this
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev