[Dev] Orphan Pcr package [retroshare] marked out-of-date

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Wed Sep 2 20:01:39 GMT 2015

On 09/02/2015 01:21 AM, Michał Masłowski wrote:
>> It's actually compressed javascript - a readable blob, but downloads
>> from facebook.com
> It gets some free libraries.
>
>> the src folder provided includes some things that are
>> copyright facebook that are required during compile. :/
> List specific files and licenses.
react.js and JSXTransformer.js

https://github.com/facebook/react/blob/master/LICENSE

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/facebook/react/master/PATENTS

License inquiry: [gnu.org #1033014]
No reply since my original e-mail was autoreplied on July 24th.

To quote my inquiry e-mail to FSF:

In particular, I thought these two parts may be at odds, but IANAL.

From GPLv3 Section 11:
"A patent license is “discriminatory” if it does not include within the
scope of its coverage, prohibits the exercise of, or is conditioned on
the non-exercise of one or more of the rights that are specifically
granted under this License."

From Facebook's patent grant:
"The license granted hereunder will terminate, automatically and without
notice, if you (or any of your subsidiaries, corporate affiliates or
agents) initiate directly or indirectly, or take a direct financial
interest in, any Patent Assertion: (i) against Facebook or any of its
subsidiaries or corporate affiliates, (ii) against any party if such
Patent Assertion arises in whole or in part from any software,
technology, product or service of Facebook or any of its subsidiaries or
corporate affiliates, or (iii) against any party relating to the Software. "
------