[Dev] [ARM] deblobbing RCN patch

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Wed Sep 2 07:35:26 GMT 2015

On 09/02/2015 03:29 AM, Michał Masłowski wrote:
>> AFAIK those binaries comes from ti-cm3-pm-firmware source, so is the
>> license for am335x-pm-firmware.{bin,elf} only?
>
> Link to the source of these files?

I think so, those files are available together
am335x-pm-firmware.{bin,elf} under the bin/ folder [0] and License file
is under main source folder [1]

>> If it's free, shouldn't those binaries be built from source by us?
>
> They are obvious and can be edited as binaries.  But if there is a
> different source form, it's better to compile them from it.

Those files are prebuilt binaries which are available under the bin/
folder and it can be built from source as says the README file [2]

For better checking, you can clone it from
http://git.ti.com/git/ti-cm3-pm-firmware/amx3-cm3.git and enter to
next-upstream branch, not master because the board specific voltage
scaling binaries weren't implemented to master yet

[0]:http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-cm3-pm-firmware/amx3-cm3.git;a=tree;f=bin;h=4f0bf7fb5344f5e7351a77ba2b7c5cea9f989a6e;hb=refs/heads/next-upstream
[1]:http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-cm3-pm-firmware/amx3-cm3.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/next-upstream;hb=refs/heads/next-upstream
[2]:http://git.ti.com/gitweb/?p=ti-cm3-pm-firmware/amx3-cm3.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=refs/heads/next-upstream