[Dev] Re/Fwd: SSL Cert for parabola.nu

Gregory Tomko gregory.tomko at globalsign.com
Fri Oct 16 11:34:50 GMT 2015

> does globalsign provide wildcard certificates?

As a product we do offer wildcard certificates [1]; for the promotion, by default we provide a single domain-validated certificate. If the project has sub-domains they need covered, we allow the addition of sub-domain SANs so that you can cover your primary domain & sub-domains on a single certificate.

If the project has something like 10 or 20 sub-domains, we can issue a wildcard certificate as part of the promotion, provided that the sub-domains are all related to or in support of the project applying. The other exception is if there is a technical requirement such as automatically generating sub-domains where you wouldn't know them in advance. Sandstorm is a good example of auto-generating sub-domains [2].

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

[1] https://www.globalsign.com/en/ssl/wildcard-ssl/
[2] https://blog.sandstorm.io/news/2015-10-01-free-ssl-certificates.html

Kind regards,
Greg