[Dev] new parabola releases

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Mon Nov 16 10:23:59 GMT 2015

Florian Pelz <pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de> writes:

> On 11/16/2015 03:55 AM, Dika Setya Prayogi wrote:
>>> I don't see why Parabola users need to know
>> when a new ISO has been released
>>
>> well there is some type of people who are lazy to configuring their
>> distro and prefer reinstalling new configured iso in preserved
>> partition, and that people including me *laugh*
>>

> Hm okay, that is a reason. You could watch the Get_Parabola wiki page so
> you are notified of any changes to it (via e-mail, if you configure it
> this way), but that means some other clutter in your e-mail in-box as well.
>
> Is that an acceptable alternative? If not, then maybe new releases
> should really be announced in some way (on the homepage as requested, on
> a mailing list, …).

it's possible to create a mediawiki template with the latest version, so
if you construct the download urls like this
http://repo.parabola.nu/parabola_{{latest_iso_version}}.iso the download
page gets updated automatically.

right now people making a release has to edit a whole wiki page, which i
believe is tiresome :P

otherwise, are there new releases?  i had to download an iso last week
and it was from august.

--
http://fauno.endefensadelsl.org