[Dev] Let's revert and move changes introduced by bugs #645 and #677 on Iceweasel

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Thu Nov 5 06:45:00 GMT 2015

On 11/05/2015 01:15 AM, fauno wrote:
> we don't care for lazyness but for software freedom, no?  are we
> removing firefox hello from our iceweasel in a way that prevents people
> to use it if they want?  if we do, i suggest we remove hello in a way
> that can be enabled by user choice, since there's no proprietary code to
> remove, just like google safe browsing.

Currently, i've disabled it and the options in vendor.js [0] and can be
enabled by user choice from about:config. However, i can keep it more
simple as IceCat devs does [1]

[0]:https://projects.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/libre/iceweasel/vendor.js#n192
[1]:http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git/tree/data/settings.js#n235