[Dev] Let's revert and move changes introduced by bugs #645 and #677 on Iceweasel

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Thu Nov 5 04:15:57 GMT 2015

Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo at deshackra.com> writes:

> I really hate the next phrase, because when someone else says it
> sounds pedantic, but here it comes: patches are welcome. There is
> nothing inherently bad with loop-server that forbids anyone to modify
> its source code (or to exercise any of the other three freedoms) to
> make loop-server work with any Free Software WebRTC backend, so,
> nobody is *really* lock because there is nothing legally speaking that
> prevents someone with the knowledge to do the mentioned
> changes. Objectively speaking, we are dealing with Free[1]
> Software[2].

i think no one is saying that it's impossible to **theoretically** use
firefox hello with libre software, just that **currently** it isn't
possible without ultimately depending on tokbox's proprietary platform.

> Tox looks awesome, however, people is damn lazy.

we don't care for lazyness but for software freedom, no?  are we
removing firefox hello from our iceweasel in a way that prevents people
to use it if they want?  if we do, i suggest we remove hello in a way
that can be enabled by user choice, since there's no proprietary code to
remove, just like google safe browsing.

(i won't digress on the lazyness of parabola users...)

--
http://librevpn.org.ar