[Dev] Let's revert and move changes introduced by bugs #645 and #677 on Iceweasel

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Wed Nov 4 20:30:17 GMT 2015

> A system can be useless if it's missing a part, and without TokBox,
> firefox hello is nothing. Therefore, I don't feel there is much of an
> argument to be had. Firefox hello is non-free or semi-free software.

We can apply the same argument to any other communication software.
E.g. IRC is useless without other humans, they aren't free software.

> TokBox does not grant it's users the four freedoms. And requiring
> someone to set up a loop-server so that you can use firefox hello,
> would get rid of the person who is running that server's freedoms.

Not true: loop-server operator wouldn't run a copy of TokBox's software.
The free software on their computer would communicate with external
services (which "aren't free or nonfree" and which cannot be replaced by
local software: it's not SaaSS).

> Personally, I am glad this has been removed from Iceweasel, it means
> nobody loses their freedom.

Except for all people who will use Skype or various other things with
nonfree client-side code instead.