[Dev] Let's revert and move changes introduced by bugs #645 and #677 on Iceweasel

Florian Pelz pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Wed Nov 4 18:35:43 GMT 2015

On 11/04/2015 05:04 PM, fauno wrote:
> our criteria is the parabola social contract (which you can find on the
> wiki).

I want criteria so these political decisions can mostly be made based on
Parabola policy and not vague ideas and long discussions.

If the Social Contract is all criteria there is for libre, then that
would allow a) some kinds of non-free "non-functional data" such as not
fully free art (cf. the Free System Distribution Guidelines [1]) and it
might also allow b) SaaSS like Firefox Hello. While Stallman describes
SaaSS as taking away freedom, I fail to see how the FSDG make it
forbidden, so Hello should be allowed in libre.

The Social Contract also says nothing about nonprism. I think my
proposed criteria for nonprism are appropriate.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html