[Dev] Let's revert and move changes introduced by bugs #645 and #677 on Iceweasel

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:43:56 GMT 2015

On 04/11/15 00:17, Jorge Araya Navarro wrote:
> This is also for Luke: Firefox's Hello feature works in a client-server architecture fashion (Like
> the SIP or XMPP protocol, but that doesn't mean that we should ban Linphone or any Jabber client
> because they relay in a SaaSS services (wat?!)), and I see hard to think that because I cannot
> "switch" to another provider for Hello it means that I have lost any of my four freedoms.
>
> BTW, the code of the backend is here[1], who wants to convince the FSF or the SFC to mount a Loop (Hello) server?
>
> [1]: https://github.com/mozilla-services/loop-server
>
> El lunes 02 de noviembre del 2015 a las 1538 horas, Josh Branning escribió:
>
>> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html

'  How do I run it?
'  Be sure to edit the content of config/dev.json. You'll especially
need to specify your TokBox credentials." [1]

' TokBox is a PaaS (Platform as a Service) company that provides hosted
infrastructure, APIs and tools required to deliver enterprise-grade
WebRTC capabilities. It does so primarily through its proprietary
OpenTok video platform for commercial application. [2]

Therefore, by the looks of things, not only is is SaaS, but it's
proprietary SaaS.

[1] https://github.com/mozilla-services/loop-server
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokbox