[Dev] BeagleBone final budget to begin GRUB porting for ARMv7

Greg Tomko greg at gregtomko.com
Tue Nov 3 13:38:01 GMT 2015

On 2015-11-03 08:17, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:

> On 03.11.2015 14:52, Greg Tomko wrote: On 2015-11-03 02:58, fauno wrote:
>
> André Silva <emulatorman at riseup.net> writes:
>
> Thanks for all Tiberiu, but there's a problem, i'll need the commercial
> invoice and tracking number to declare it to pay (with our donations)
> the taxes to the customs website from my mother account because it
> exceeds the exemption tax from customs.
>
> Also, i can't declare a lower value to get the exemption from customs
> because the new law requires the receiver must be the credit/debit card
> owner (in this case my mother) to confirm the purchase value.
> tiberiu, is there a way we can transfer the money to emulartorman's
> relative?
>
> emulatorman, is there some tax exemption for foundations or ngo in
> uruguay? is there a free software friendly org that can help us? i
> think ceata would be able to transfer the money if it's received by an
> entity instead of a natural person, am i right?

> A little over a week ago I sent .7184 BTC to Parabola's wallet in
> response to the call for donations for proting Grub to ARMv7 (Was valued
> at $200 USD then, now it's $276) Adafruit has a Beaglebone Black for $55
> USD [1 [1]] and you can use bitcoin directly during the checkout process.
> They probably have the other accessories you're looking for was well.
> Not sure if that makes things easier.
>
> [1] https://www.adafruit.com/products/1996 [1] [2]

 I already started discussing solutions with emulatorman and fauno, but
 this certainly is a very good (if not best) solution. How come it's so
 cheap at Adafruit? Comparing to Ebay, it's half the price. Maybe
 shipping is not gratis?

 As a separate note, for future, BTC should also be converted to RON and
 deposited in Parabola's fund at Ceata, if we want to be 100% legal. I
 realize it's not practical and anti-anarchist. Please let me know what
 you think about the issue.

Quite a few places have the Beaglebone Black between 50 & 60 USD [1] [2]
[3] [4], a few even have free shipping in that range, Adafruit's
shipping for that product is not gratis. I think the markup on these can
get quite extreme if you purchase them locally after it was subjected to
VAT / import tariffs. I donated the equivalent of $200 figuring while
the frugal option is preferred, if a higher priced option is more
practical & less likely to get held in customs I'd rather have the high
assurance. Don't want to have to purchase twice! :)

On the BTC issue, don't want any legal headaches for anyone. Converting
& depositing the funds should still be enough to cover the purchase,
even if it isn't as practical. I leave that choice up to the wallet
owner. Technically though, when you checkout with bitcoin at Adafruit,
it's being converted to USD based on market rate. Not sure how it will
be reflected on the receipt, but if it shows USD value, would that help
from an accounting perspective or no because the originating currency
was bitcoin?

[1]
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/83-16241?scode=GS401&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=google&gclid=COCv6pKs9MgCFQoSHwodYLEMPA
[2]

[2]
https://www.blinq.com/detail/computers-office/other/beagleboard-beaglebone-rev-c/460667?condition=brand-new&adpos=1o2&creative=72063869047&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CK2cm5Os9MgCFc8YHwodmCUBMw
[3]

[3]
http://store.netgate.com/BBB/StarterKit.aspx?gclid=CJ3yv4is9MgCFc-RHwodgqUE5Q
[4]