[Dev] [Urgent] Mirroring Policy

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Sun May 31 13:46:32 GMT 2015

Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:
> In the past we've discussed setting up a 'repomirror.parabola.nu' that
> automatically redirects you to a mirror.  Perhaps that should be
> bumped in priority.  The "gotcha" with that is we'd need
> up-to-date-ish information on which mirrors had already synced for new
> packages.

we also discussed this fan mirror (to call it something) would reply
with a redirect to an arch mirror if the package was on arch repos and
wasn't blacklisted, so this would make parabola repos only host [libre],
[pcr] and [sources].

the gotcha can be solved by making a HEAD request to the mirror for the
package before replying with an http redirect.

--
}(:=