[Dev] Parabola's Facebook fanpage

Pablo Edgardo Cano Gifford paulmckno1989 at autistici.org
Mon May 18 19:49:23 GMT 2015

There are really lots of reasons why we shouldn't use facebook for our personal online social
activities, but wether or not to use it is a decision corresponding individuals. On the other hand,
Parabola GNU/Linux-libre a software distribution promoting freedom for users, and facebook
is known for not respecting those liberties, consider this:

- Facebook's website uses proprietary javascript, and it is not possible to use the platform
  without it,
- All mobile clients are also proprietary,
- Censorship.
- The system has been designed to collect massive amounts of data from its users with the sole
  purpose to spy on them, and conduct massive surveillance.

Among other things, those are solid facts we should keep in mind about Facebook, using a Parabola
'fan page' for it would promote wrong ideas, and would also diminish the values that have helped us
build strong and fair communities.

We should care about users' privacy, and raise our voices to speak of injustice cases were freedom,
and privacy are not respected, our values cannot change for convinience, instead we must promote
awareness on this topics, rejecting the use of those kind of services and helping others take
self consiousness on the caused damages.

If you want to use it, I feel sorry for you, I hope you change your mind in the future and care
about the importance of your digital life and privacy.