[Dev] Broken Source Code management of Arch Repositories

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Sun May 17 04:32:36 GMT 2015

Icarious <icarious at hacari.org> writes:

> As we had a discussion few weeks earlier regarding ABS not being up to
> date and in sync with PKGBUILDs from Arch, I have hereby raised an
> issue https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/723 . A major part of the
> Parabola System relies on packages from Arch's repositories [core],
> [extra] and [community]. Using GIT/SVN to clone PKGBUILDs from
> upstream Arch cannot be a long standing solution due to their
> inclusion of non-free software. We must understand that we use a
> system which is in a major way inclusive of software from Arch and we
> can't virtually draw a red line when it comes to source code
> management in terms of "we host complete source code of our packages"
> defining only packages maintained by the Parabola Community. This
> needs to be fixed.

the script that creates abslibre and that's currenctly broken is this
one[0].  i wrote it a long time ago and it tends to break for unknown
reasons.  sorry i haven't had time to fix it.  i can do it during next
week but anyone beating me to it would make me a big favor :)

i'm happy to answer queries about its design

[0]: https://projects.parabola.nu/dbscripts.git/tree/abslibre

--
}(:=