[Dev] [Maintenance] Anacron job 'cron.daily' on parabola.nu

Icarious icarious at hacari.org
Wed May 6 20:25:08 GMT 2015

> > + sync_abs_libre
> > + '[' -d /var/tmp/abslibre/.git ']'
> > + pushd /var/tmp/abslibre
> > + git pull
> > fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> > run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/abslibre exited with return code 128
>
> Can we remove ABS from cronjobs, repo and wiki?  No one mentions these
> daily error mails being a problem, while users are confused by ABS
> not containing any packages added since February.

I think it is crucial that we fix the "abs" in Parabola instead of removing it. Source code management in Parabola is really broken. GIT is not a consistent solution as it only downloads PKGBUILDs from repositories maintained by the Parabola Community. We have to make it consistent where an user can download a PKGBUILD irrespective of coming from Parabola / Arch. If we are to remove ABS and suggest only using GIT, then we have to mirror the liberate abs tree of Arch Packages in Parabola GIT.

--
Icarious
GPG Public Key : 0x4428BA28AA2ACCD2