[Dev] jabber is back

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Fri Mar 27 18:27:51 GMT 2015

André Silva <emulatorman at riseup.net> writes:

> On 03/27/2015 02:03 PM, Nicolás Reynolds wrote:
>> Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at endefensadelsl.org> writes:
>>
>>> jabber service @parabola.nu is back from old backup.  if you don't
>>> remember your password let me know and i'll recover it for you.
>>>
>>> i wanted to configure it with dovecot auth so any new system user has a
>>> jabber account, but the mod_auth_dovecot module[0] doesn't have a
>>> license.  i wrote an email to the developers to clarify :(
>>>

>>> [0]: https://prosody-modules.googlecode.com/hg/mod_auth_dovecot/auth_dovecot/
>>
>> ok so the license is mit, so i'm configuring parabola "single sign on"
>> in an hour or so :P
>>
>> have you tested the jabber service?
>>
> in my case, it works well here!

just another thing, prosody 0.9 allows to perform authenticated server
to server communications, which has these features:

* disables parabola.nu to gmail.com chats, which were insecure
* enables certificate verification, so jabber services using self-signed
  certificates get disabled

should we enable this? it's more secure but i'm not too happy about
leaving out self-signed services.

--
http://partidopirata.com.ar