[Dev] Confusion about game data

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Sat Mar 7 09:30:56 GMT 2015

> - https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/uqm-content
> - https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/uqm-music
> - https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/uqm-voice

Licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA which is nonfree.

> The Russian translation of the game is in contrib for some odd reason.
>
> - https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/uqm-russian

Since the game is also in contrib and it has dependencies in non-free.

> -- Rocks'n'Diamonds
[...]
> - https://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2006/11/msg00104.html
[...]
> I could not find any license file at all.

These are sufficient reasons to not include it.

> Also, in UQM's data files, there was no license file present.

So where would Debian have the license from?

Both should be blacklisted in Parabola (with a reference to a labs issue
with a link to this thread), unless someone finds that this is different
for the version used in Parabola.