[Dev] [donations] progress with ceata + decisions to be made

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Fri Mar 6 16:25:17 GMT 2015

hi, in the last week i've been in contact with tiberiu (tct) from ceata
foundation and we're discussing how parabola and ceata will work
together.

a summary:

* Ceata receives donations and make payments in our behalf gratis.
  there's no charge on their side for this help they offer us.  payments
  are made on demand and communicated by the parabola delegate.  that's
  me for the present year.

* in the case we decide to pay salaries or irregular compensations,
  ceata is prepared to do it.

* if we'd like Ceata to provide legal counsel too, we'd need to talk
  copyright assignments.  i personally like bkuhn's position on this[0]
  (every contributor is a copyright holder) but it's a decision we need
  to make collectively.

* donations can be received in EUR, USD and RON via bank transfer to
  Ceata's account.  for other methods, they prefer payment systems that
  have free software clients.  apparently paypal can do this, and Ceata
  will work with the FSF to determine which others are available.

* we need to decide how we'll thank them for their support.  we've add
  the supporter logo and a short message on our main page (bottom right)
  in other cases.

  i think the donations page should thank Ceata for their support and
  have a short description on their work (and we can do this on a
  separate page for other kind of supporters, to be fair to them).

  they also proppose we add a "with the fiscal support of Ceata
  Foundation" suffix to our description on the GNU free distros list[1],
  but since there's been arguments against before[2] we need to decide
  on this.

i think i've covered everything so far, can we make a decision before
next friday (2015-03-13)?

[0]: http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2011/07/07/harmony-harmful.html
     spanish version: http://endefensadelsl.org/proyecto_armonia.html

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html