[Dev] Nonfree AUR Packages

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Sun Jun 28 23:02:53 GMT 2015

Kuba Kukielka <kzer-za at cryptolab.net> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Using a program named `aurlist`, some sed commands and a php script, I
> compiled a list of every single package in AUR 3.
>
> - - https://d.maxfile.ro/cknuewoqlk.out
>
> With this, I wrote a php script that downloaded every single PKGBUILD
> in the AUR repo. And then used yet another php script to sort them
> into folders based of the license tag in the PKGBUILD. I compiled a
> list of nonfree packages my script found (there are probably more). My
> script is not 100% accurate so I need to go through it manually.
>
> My list is on a etherpad.
>
> - - https://pad.riseup.net/p/nonfree_aur
>
> I've not finished it yet so any contribution is welcome.
>
> (Note that this does not include AUR 4)
>
> Here are some status of the current folders.
>
> - - free = 48,216 packages
> - - nonfree = 297 packages
> - - custom = 5,265 packages
> - - other = 3,646 packages

very cool! but please take into account that because the pkgbuild's
license says it's free, it doesn't necessarily means the source code
is.

i've found several packages where the maintainer just left the default
value, or didn't even check, so i'm guessing many of the 48k free
packages are really mislabeled.

still, great work!

--
.oÓ)