[Dev] Why I can't compile python2 inside a chroot?

Jorge Araya Navarro elcorreo at deshackra.com
Sat Jun 27 04:27:56 GMT 2015

Hello!

I'm trying to build python2 with debugging symbols and with the `--with-pydebug` option on. The first try I
did it using just `makepkg`, but the binary was malformed and when I try to run it with gdb I get this:

> gdb python2
gdb: Symbol `PyBool_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
gdb: Symbol `_Py_TrueStruct' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
gdb: Symbol `_Py_ZeroStruct' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
gdb: Symbol `_Py_NoneStruct' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
gdb: Symbol `_Py_NotImplementedStruct' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
gdb: Symbol `PyFloat_Type' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Fatal Python error: Objects/abstract.c:2252 object at 0x85f5948 has negative ref count -1219907744
Abortado (`core' generado)

Now I'm trying with libremakepkg, but the compilation gets stuck here:

 |  Ran 194 tests in 1.329s
 |
 |  OK (skipped=25)
 |  [114/400/1] test_dl
 |  trying to open: /usr/lib/libc.so failed '/usr/lib/libc.so: invalid ELF header'
 |  trying to open: /lib/libc.so.6 succeeded... worked!
 |  [115/400/1] test_docxmlrpc
 |  test_autolink_dotted_methods (test.test_docxmlrpc.DocXMLRPCHTTPGETServer)
 |  Test that selfdot values are made strong automatically in the ...

What can I do? I really need this Python2 binary with debugging symbols :(

--
Pax et bonum.
Jorge Araya Navarro.