[Dev] libretools 20150607 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 8 18:33:52 GMT 2015

On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 07:23:07 -0600,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:

> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
> > I just released libretools 20150607 to [libre].  It's principally does
> > two things:
> >  1. Fixes bugs
> >  2. Removes old code
>
> related: are you planning something for abslibre and aur4?

Yes and no.

What I've been working toward is having everything use XBS, so we can
get a lot more flexibility for free.  One would just need to write a
/lib/xbs/helper-aur4 to get AUR4 support in all of the tools.  But I
was already working on that.

I haven't spent a bunch of time looking at AUR4 (though congrats to
Lukas--he's been doing a bunch of exciting things with the AUR
software).  However, it looks like if we ever roll out PBS, the
structure is similar enough that integrating with AUR will become a
lot nicer.