[Dev] [Urgent] Mirroring Policy

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 4 03:06:05 GMT 2015

On Sun, 31 May 2015 17:17:47 -0600,
Nicolás Reynolds wrote:

> [1  <multipart/signed (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at endefensadelsl.org> writes:
>
> > Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at endefensadelsl.org> writes:

There's no modification needed for that, if $filename =~
/(core|extra|community)/*.pkg.* , then an Arch mirror is fine.
Otherwise it's not.  If you want to know at the pool level, files in
the "packages" and "community" pools are unmodified from Arch, the
"parabola" pool is the only one with our files.

> >> but this and probably my propposal would collide with FSDG requirement
> >> of self-hosting.

We could have an hackyrepo.parabola.nu that does a 301 to an Arch
mirror for Arch packages.  The main repo would still serve the files.

Or a load-balancing repomirror.parabola.nu could include Arch mirrors
for files from Arch.  That's the best option I think.

Which reminds my of my desire that nginx have the ability to turn
symlinks into 302 requests iff the target is in the web root.