[Dev] New packaging standards/policy discussion

Icarious icarious at hacari.org
Thu Jul 30 23:28:13 GMT 2015

> should we sign pkgbuilds from arch then?
>
> --
> .oÓ)

Ideally we should. But given that its not possible at the moment, the least we could do is find a balance between "consistent" source code management and security. So as signing git commits "cannot" serve abs users, I think its best to use "gpg --verify PKGBUILD.sig PKGBUILD" instead of encouraging to use two different source code management methods by forcing git "for security".

--
Icarious
GPG Public Key : 0x4428BA28AA2ACCD2