[Dev] New packaging standards/policy discussion

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Thu Jul 30 23:05:51 GMT 2015

Hmm... Currently I am unable to reproduce a human readable gpg output
that verifies the PKGBUILD was created by the packager when using the
git pull method. For me nothing displays:

user at localhost/packages/abslibre % git pull --rebase
--verify-signatures

Current branch master is up to date.
user at localhost/packages/abslibre % git --version
git version 2.5.0

Whereas a GPG signed PKGBUILD displays this during build:
 |  ==> Verifying source file signatures with gpg...
 |      allmydata-tahoe-1.10.1.tar.bz2 ... Passed
 |      PKGBUILD ... Passed
and if you include gpg --verify in the PKGBUILD build() process, it will
say verified good signature in addition to that.

I also find this useful if I just want to build a single package instead
of downloading the entire git. I just download PKGBUILD and PKGBUILD.sig
then build from that.