[Dev] [donations] follow up on ceata agreement

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Mon Jul 20 15:09:16 GMT 2015

On 07/19/2015 12:10 PM, fauno wrote:

> we haven't reach a consensus on payed developers, so the funds ceata is
> going to hold for us are for expenses such as domain names, servers,
> hardware, etc.

I suggest re-open a consensus about payed Parabola hackers. It should
reach a consensus to know that we should do with it after Parabola
structuring.

I had plans to do a presentation about our distro [0] for health
institutions and ONGs to offers a dedicated Parabola technical support
for them like GNU Solidario and GNUHealth does, but we need people with
dedicated time for it, not enthusiasts only.
I would do it inside Parabola because i would see hackers won't have to
earn their wages by working anywhere else and would have dedicated time
to fix long standing bugs and effort to Parabola (eg: create a stable
and secure version for hospitals).

I agree use the donations for expenses such as domain names, servers,
hardware, etc, because we need structuring to organize our distro first,
however i'm against it as a definitive way for our donations.

[0]:https://wiki.parabola.nu/Parabola_Presentation