[Dev] Iceweasel and AppManage

Jorge Araya Navarro elcorreo at deshackra.com
Wed Jan 21 04:00:04 GMT 2015

Distopico Vegan writes:

>> Are there a way to use it to develop apps without needs/depends
>> nonfree stuff (FirefoxOS) inside iceweasel to be useful? [0]
>> Maybe it could be solved if we'll create a rebranded and libre Firefox
>> OS and Firefox OS Simulator to solve the freedom issues about it
>> inside iceweasel.
>
> FirefoxOs emulators is not included by default and non-branded FirefoxOS,
> fierfoxOs emulator is an extension with MPL 2.0 license compatible with
> free software, AppManager not recommend non-free software and
> applications that comes by default in the emulator are MPL.

And branding is not a freedom issue in the sense that you don't loose control over your daily computing by
having an application called Firefox instead of Iceweasel. I'll argue that the feature is turned on again and
that in the mean time any necessary branding is made.

--
Pax et bonum.
Jorge Araya Navarro.