[Dev] Contributing to [pcr]

Esteban Carnevale alfplayer at mailoo.org
Sun Jan 18 13:54:42 GMT 2015

To people who want their packages hosted publicly but don't feel
comfortable to package for the Parabola repository I recommend hosting a
clone of abslibre.git on Gitorious, and to serve built packages I
recommend following https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_tips#Custom_local_repository or asking on this mailing list to
merge the Gitorious clone including added/modified build recipes with
Parabola's abslibre.git (it could take time to build and publish merged
packages depending on packager availability). After they are comfortable
doing that, they can use and learn Libretools (https://wiki.parabola.nu/Libretools), used by Parabola packagers to build and upload packages to
the Parabola main repository.

If many are interested in this I recommend keeping a single abslibre.git
clone to simplify merging with Parabola's repository.

--
Esteban Carnevale <alfplayer at mailoo.org>