[Dev] Reflection on the Relationship of Money and Parabola

Gabriel O. gabriel at epistolr.com
Sun Jan 18 19:03:52 GMT 2015

Hi!

This is also a personal message, i'm giving my opinion:

This is wrong.

. We are a community keeping a project under the light of the sun.
Parabola is a community. Everyone who is a part of the community can
bring something: A thanks, a little help, a program, some hardware,
whatever.

. Paying some hackers isn't a bad idea.. But they rely on donations.
Since we don't need an amount of donation per year to fil under stress,
if that happens, it won't be a good thing. I remember asking help on
Trisquel IRC channel (I don't blame anybody, I'm using trisquel too) and
someone told me I should make a donation and maybe I could consider
having some help. Welp.

. About representing a community: You can't. They won't represent the
community because the person in charge of this job doesn't know me, but
I'm part of the community. We should all agree together to move on, not
just waiting those 50% of Yes/No. It is not possible.

. As Icarious, I'd love to know the terms of Ceata, since.. there is no
english page at all on the website.

. I'm helping the community everyday when I say hi, when I try to help
people, when I'm having fun hacking. I won't help anyone when I'll spend
money to that fundation, I won't even know for what my money will be
used for, and if I want my money to be used for that or this.

. In computing, we should control the computer, the computer shouldn't
control the user, you might know that. We need a free world, a free
society. I don't want to be used by economy, I want to control economy.
The economy should be a tool for the human. The human shouldn't be a
tool for the economy to run. Let's avoid that m0ney as much as we can,
it will destroy us. Even GNU will have difficulties to close its budget
for 2015... Please help them close GNU budget for 2015, they need it
more than the software sleeping on the server waiting to be downloaded.

. Happy hacking. I will help people, not m0ney.

Have fun!