[Dev] Reflection on the Relationship of Money and Parabola

Jorge Araya Navarro elcorreo at deshackra.com
Tue Jan 6 19:38:08 GMT 2015

Tiberiu C. Turbureanu writes:

>> Honestly, I think #3 would be the most valuable.  I'm not sure that
>> it's terribly likely that there will ever be a GPL violation on any
>> Parabola code.  But I know that if there were, we would be *totally*
>> incapable of enforcing the GPL[^0].
>
> The discussion was about donations, not about copyright. That's why I
> didn't bring it up, because you didn't bring it up and didn't want to
> make Parabola hackers feel threatened by a sponsor like Ceata ("they ask
> for our copyright!"). If you want to assign Ceata copyright (and since
> we are here, maybe you want the trademark rights too, so you are
> protected),

Anybody remember that logo I made for Parabola and was put by Wikipedia as a work that don't qualify as a
protected work?

Guys, if the thing is about money and poisoning everything, well, I have good news: you can choice to not act
on the feeling of envy for the success of other developers that are very useful for the Parabola project and
its development, and that the community choose to employ full time. The Dragon sickness is something that you
can escape from.

That said, I'm skeptical too that we could get the enough donations to do such thing. But still, Parabola
wouldn't remain unknown forever.

--
Pax et bonum.
Jorge Araya Navarro.