[Dev] libretools 20150104 release announcement
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 02:31:21 GMT 2015
Yesterday I released libretools 20150104. It is primarily a
compatibility-release for the new Pacman 4.2.0 and GnuPG 2.1; but
there are some other changes.
Changes from 20141128 to 20150104:
* cleaner output format
* multiple non-default repositories
* a single Parabola repository can be specified as argument to
restrict the comparison to that repository
* support expac 4
extra/expac 4.2 has a bug, so pcr/expac-relative 4.2-parabola1
or later is needed
* detection of missing files
* code style
* move code to functions
* usage text and messages
- conf.sh(3): Proof-read the manual page
- default /etc/libretools.conf: only set DIFFPROG to a graphical tool
if DISPLAY is set.
- librechroot/libremakepkg: Several messages now print a full path
name, when the short path name was ambiguous or confusing.
- librefetch-install: A new tool to enable/disable librefetch in
makepkg.conf. This program was formerly a
post-install(/pre-remove) script for the package; now the
post-isntall/pre-remove script calls this program.
Changes related to new versions of Pacman and GnuPG:
* Look for ~/.config/pacman/makepkg.conf instead of
~/.makepkg.conf, same as makepkg 4.2.0.
* Have an environmental CARCH override config files, same as
* Have unset_PKGBUILD (and thus load_PKGBUILD) also unset
`validpgpkeys` and architecture-specific variables introduced in
- librerelease: No longer warn about GPG_AGENT_INFO being unset, it
is no longer used in GnuPG 2.1.
- librefetch: Several changes to allow it to work with makepkg 4.2.0.
And, because I'm writing this after-the fact:
Bugs introduced in this version:
- chcleanup gained a stray `set -x` from debugging; so it now has a
bunch of extra output
- librefetch is entirely broken
[^0]: I'm just repeating what was in the commit log, libredbdiff is
maintained by Esteban Carnevale ("alfplayer").
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev