[Dev] libretools 20150104 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 6 02:31:21 GMT 2015

Yesterday I released libretools 20150104.  It is primarily a
compatibility-release for the new Pacman 4.2.0 and GnuPG 2.1; but
there are some other changes.

Changes from 20141128 to 20150104:

Genuine changes:
 - libredbdiff:[^0]
    * cleaner output format
    * multiple non-default repositories
      Parabola:
        libre
        pcr
        libre-multilib
        nonprism
      Arch:
        multilib
    * a single Parabola repository can be specified as argument to
      restrict the comparison to that repository
    * support expac 4
      extra/expac 4.2 has a bug, so pcr/expac-relative 4.2-parabola1
      or later is needed
    * detection of missing files
    * code style
    * move code to functions
    * usage text and messages
 - conf.sh(3): Proof-read the manual page
 - default /etc/libretools.conf: only set DIFFPROG to a graphical tool
   if DISPLAY is set.
 - librechroot/libremakepkg: Several messages now print a full path
   name, when the short path name was ambiguous or confusing.
 - librefetch-install: A new tool to enable/disable librefetch in
   makepkg.conf.  This program was formerly a
   post-install(/pre-remove) script for the package; now the
   post-isntall/pre-remove script calls this program.

Changes related to new versions of Pacman and GnuPG:
 - conf.sh(3):
    * Look for ~/.config/pacman/makepkg.conf instead of
      ~/.makepkg.conf, same as makepkg 4.2.0.
    * Have an environmental CARCH override config files, same as
      makepkg 4.2.0.
    * Have unset_PKGBUILD (and thus load_PKGBUILD) also unset
      `validpgpkeys` and architecture-specific variables introduced in
      makepkg 4.2.0.
 - librerelease: No longer warn about GPG_AGENT_INFO being unset, it
   is no longer used in GnuPG 2.1.
 - librefetch: Several changes to allow it to work with makepkg 4.2.0.

And, because I'm writing this after-the fact:
Bugs introduced in this version:
 - chcleanup gained a stray `set -x` from debugging; so it now has a
   bunch of extra output
 - librefetch is entirely broken

[^0]: I'm just repeating what was in the commit log, libredbdiff is
      maintained by Esteban Carnevale ("alfplayer").