[Dev] Ideas for Parabola at FISL17

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Thu Dec 31 19:09:34 GMT 2015

On 12/30/2015 07:38 PM, André Silva wrote:
> Description				| Currency	| Amount
> ThinkPad T61 *			| USD		| 178 [0]
> Round trip ticket **			| USD		| 167 [1]
> Payments concerning the travel ***	| USD		| 200
> Stand to sponsoring FISL ****		| USD		| ?

I have great news about it, because i got a cheapest way to avoid some
extra expenses...

> * Since i use just desktop computers, i need a one to make a conference
> in Portuguese, show to the public our Parabola's slide presentation
> based on community contribution from our wiki [2]
> There's a beta slide presentation created by coadde from LibreOffice
> Impress [3] based on contribution made from the wiki, it's incomplete
> and need more work, also i've plans to translate it to Portuguese soon.
> crazytoon said me that could create more cartoons to improve
> it. In addition, i would make a demonstration to the public how to
> maintain packages in Parabola to motives new hackers participate on our
> distro and demonstrate to the public how to Parabola works.

Maybe we could ask someone to lend us a laptop for this event and avoid
this expense. fauno, could you looking for someone that could help us on
it in CABA?

> ** I'm brazilian and FISL is a brazilian event, however i'm living
> outside of my country (now i'm in Uruguay and sometimes in Argentina),
> then i need tickets to travel to Porto Alegre. Since Montevideo is
> neared than Buenos Aires to travel to Porto Alegre, i prefer travel from
> Montevideo, and the round trip ticket costs 167 dollars.

Some hours ago, i had a idea to avoid this expensive ticket since i have
relatives living in Santana do Livramento (a city in the state of Rio
Grande do Sul in Brazil).
That city is located in the same state than Porto Alegre where FISL
takes place every year, also Santana do Livramento is along the border
with the city of Rivera, Uruguay.
My recent suggestion is pay just national tickets with stopover
(Montevideo/Rivera in Uruguay and Santana do Livramento/Porto Alegre in
Brazil), so we could avoid pay international taxes trying to keep reduce
expenditure to a minimum (USD 96 in comparison to USD 167).
In that stopover interval, i could stay in my relative's house until the
next trip (Santana do Livramento to Porto Alegre).

> *** It's for hotel, food, etc. I don't know if hotel is needed for this
> case since FISL give a gratis place to stay there thought, i need get
> info about it, maybe we could ask to Alexandre Oliva who participated on
> previous FISL events. Extra money after the event must come back to our
> fund again. Bills, receipts & tickets must be scanned and uploaded to
> Donations page [4] for better transparency.

I found a link about a hosting guide that was posted for FISL16 [0]. It
could be useful get info to reduce expenditure in hosting (eg. if there
aren't gratis places available to stay, Lido Hotel [1] is a good option
since it costs around USD 30 daily, then USD 150 is enough thought).

Therefore, it's the updated table with expenses and descriptions to be
considered to reach a better consensus, what do you think?

Description				| Currency	| Amount
ThinkPad T61				| USD		| borrowed
Round trip ticket			| USD		| 96 [2][3]
Payments concerning the travel		| USD		| 150
Stand to sponsoring FISL		| USD		| ?

[0]:http://softwarelivre.org/fisl16/noticias/hosting-guide-fisl16
[1]:http://www.lidohotel.com.br/
[2]:http://www.turil.com.uy/tarifas.php